Fisher’s Meadow (Formerly Dimore II)(School Lane, Quedgeley)
Fisher’s Meadow is managed and maintained by Quedgeley Parish Council and is discussed under the Recreation & Amenities Committee.(Click the following to see the full size pictures).
In 2008 Parish Councillor Anna Mozol negotiated with the current owners to allow Quedgeley Parish Council to use this large open space for various purposes and this they kindly agreed to.
To date this large open space in the centre of Quedgeley has been used for Dog Shows, a Fun Day and a Fireworks Display all of which are intended to become annual events.
As you can see from the photographs this is a really big field well used by dog walkers, children and groups of people just sitting and talking together. A number of residents have also used the area for practising golf but this is discouraged as it is dangerous to other users and could lead to a serious accident.
Directions to Fisher’s Meadow…
1) Follow signs for M5/Quedgeley. When you reach the traffic lights on the Bristol Road (by the Orchard restaurant on your left), go across these lights (passing the Shell filling station on your left).
2) At the (Tesco) roundabout* take the last (4th) exit (right – Severnvale Road) and continue on until to the next roundabout (Tesco side entrance); go straight across and continue until you reach another roundabout*.
3) 3rd exit (right – School Lane) and drive for approximately 3 yards.
4) You will see the gate and a banner for the event on your right.
* Follow the arrows from the Tesco Roundabout
(Northbound) Exit M5 at Junction 12 (Gloucester South): Take the 1st exit (left).
(Southbound) Exit M5 at Junction 12 (Gloucester South): Take the 3rd exit (right) and go straight over the next roundabout.
2) Take dual carriageway to the next roundabout and then take the 2nd (main) exit (straight across – heading for Quedgeley / Gloucester).
3) On dual carriageway – approx’ 1,000 yards – take the slip road (left – Quedgeley).
4) At next roundabout* take 1st exit, (left – Fieldcourt Road).
5) Continue on until you reach another roundabout* and take 1st turning (left – School Lane).
6) You will see the gate and banner advertising the event (on your right).
* Events are always signed posted from these Roundabouts * On the day of the event just follow the arrows *